Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Processor's Point of View


Ang Dipolognon
Issue No 2
December 2009-09


“Paskong Pinoy”

As the song goes … “Ang totoong paskong pinoy ay hindi puti, ang totoong paskong pinoy ay kayumanggi…”

Hello fellow Rotarians, its just like last week when I assembled and disassembled my Christmas tree, the next thing I know I’m assembling it again. Time really runs fast and we are again celebrating the best season of the year: “Christmas”. As Filipinos how do we celebrate Christmas?

There was these 10 years of my life wherein I was celebrating my Christmas alone. Though it was lonely but being a Filipino really makes a difference: the culture. Christmas for us is the time where families bond together; relatives abroad are coming home to celebrate the season.

It can never be denied that “lechon” is the best food Filipinos have during Christmas. Oh, we shouldn’t forget the “Simbang Gabi” or our lolo’s and lola’s will not give us presents. The variety of delicacies lined up outside the church ranging from “Palitaw”, “biko”, “bibingka” and many more.

The never ending party and exchanging gifts, elementary and high school reunions, family reunions to name a few. The children’s voices carolling at night with an ending lines: “Maayong pasko…” and “Thank you… Thank you…” and of course the famous “bersing bersing” line of the song “Joy to the world…” The “Judas belt”, “super lolo”, “bawang”, “kwitis” and “triangles” that gave lights and sounds during Christmas nights. Ninong’s and ninang’s are busy preparing gifts for their “inaanak” (I wonder how many are mine). These are just some of the best thing that “paskong pinoy” has to offer.

Being a Rotarian doesn’t limit us from these wonderful things. We Rotarians may not be aware with the fact that we are celebrating Christmas in our hearts everyday. The projects that we have, the smile that we put in every child’s faces, the food that we provide, the clothes, the medical missions, and the service to our community. For me, this is Christmas in my heart everyday.

“Paskong pinoy” is about giving, loving and sharing. The Rotary is just the same as “Paskong Pinoy”. I have a happy heart; I have a Christmas heart. I am a Rotarian, I’m proud and celebrating it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ano po pamagt ng song na ginamit mo as citation?

My life, my everything...

Don't grow up so fast anak 😂